• More young people want to be farmers, and want to lend their talents to the mission of building a better food system
• More schools are willing to participate in Farm-to-School programs, and to expose kids to local, fresh produce
• More corporations want to open farmers’ markets for their employees, or recycle their kitchen scraps for compost, or donate money to help build our grassroots movement
• More people of color want to enter agriculture, and no longer associate the practice with the painful legacy of slavery and sharecropping
• More people in the medical field see fresh, local food as an integral part of the healing process and of good health
— Will Allen, CEO of Growing Power in Milwaukee, writing in his annual newsletter. Note the reference to his visit to SFU’s Centre for Dialogue.